(Updated 11-22-22 from a shorter 2016 list) I assembled this alphabetized list of "best TV and cable shows of all time") for friends but got so many requests for it that I posted it here and update it periodically. Not all of the shows are current. I've added stars to shows that in my view are "must try" and I've provided links for many shows, but venues change. You can always google the name of a show and scroll down past the Google ads to see if and where the shows are streaming now. If you haven't seen it, start with Friday Night Lights (2006-2011, watch streaming on Hulu and maybe one other channel now). Read More
Writers and Editors (RSS feed)
Addictive and wonderful TV and cable
GREAT PODCASTS TO LISTEN TO AS YOU EXERCISE, DRIVE, IRON, FILE, COOK, FALL ASLEEP, DREAM, CLEAN, OR WALK, etc.
Scroll down for links to popular podcasts.
• How to download podcasts and listen to them on Android or iOS (Alina Bradford and Mark Jansen, Digital Trends, 7-31-19)
• 8 Types of Podcasts: The Complete Guide to Audio Content Marketing (Alexander Santo, Brafton) With pros and cons of each: Interview podcasts, Conversational podcasts, Monologue podcasts, Storytelling/Investigative podcasts, Roundtable podcasts, Theatrical podcasts, Repurposed content podcasts, Hybrid podcasts (mixing and matching to create your own style).
• How to listen to podcasts: everything you need to know (Rowan Slaney, The Guardian)
• Listen Notes (an excellent podcast search engine)
• Hark Let Hark editors curate podcast moments into playlists around your interests.
• Best Podcast Directories to Help You Get More Listeners (Podcast Insights) Also useful to listeners.
• 31 Best Podcast Hosting Sites (Podcast Insights)
• The Atlantic podcasts
• CNBC podcasts
• Health podcasts (Covering Health's links)
• NASA podcasts
• New York Times podcasts
• Nickelodeon podcasts (podcasts for children, Podbean)
• NPR Podcast Directory
• PBS podcasts
• Publishers Weekly podcasts
• SBNation podcasts (sports)
• Slate podcasts
• TEDTalks podcasts
• WNYC podcasts
• WSJ podcasts (Wall Street Journal)
• How To Upload A Podcast (To iTunes Or Any Other Directory) (Podcast Insights)
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PODCASTS
aka podcasts we, friends, or colleagues have enjoyed (and sometimes become addicted to)
in alphabetical order:
• 1A (NPR News) Joshua Johnson hosts with great guests, framing the best debate in ways to make you think, share and engage.
• Against the Rules Michael Lewis looks at what’s happened to fairness in American life through the lens of people who depend on public trust. After exploring what’s happened to referees and coaches, the third season of Against the Rules tackles what’s happened to our trust in experts and expertise.
• Armchair Expert Dax Shepard and Monica Padman interview celebrities, journalists, and academics about "the messiness of being human." Read More