• Ebooks are making me recall the history of mass-market publishing (Shatzkin Files 3-13-11)
• On Chronicling The End of the Chain Bookstore Era (Sarah Weinman, Off on a Tangent 2-17-11)
• Can the chains provide us with better small bookstores? (Shatzkin Files 11-8-09)
• Publishers Make a Plan: A ‘One Stop’ Book Site (Julie Bosman, NY Times, 5-6-11, on the formation of Bookish.com)
• Say goodbye to your local bookstore (Mike Boone, Montreal Gazette, 4-4-11, reporting on Shatzkin's predictions)
• Mike Shatzkin on Publishing's Priorities for 2011 (Edward Nawotka, Publishing Perspectives, 5-26-11). BEA Video of Mike Shatzkin discussing "the erosion of shelf space in bookstores, publishing innovation, English as a disruptive force overseas, and the two priorities publishers should be focused on over the next 6-12 months: price experimentation and improving rights databases"
• It will be hard to find a public library 15 years from now (Shatzkin, 4-8-11)
And to keep up with it all (and not just with what he writes about) follow Mike Shatzkin's Twitter feed