• The #1 myth of TED: You have to be invited (TED Staff, TED blog, 2-14-13)
• How TED got famous (Richard Galant, CNN, 3-20-14) Another overview of how it developed.
• Why TED Matters (Tim Bajarin, Time, 3-24-14) TED has become a launching point for some interesting soul searching, creating within me a desire to learn more about things that matter outside of my own world.
• How To Attend A TED Conference Like A Pro (Keith Ferrazzi, Forbes/Tech, 6-26-12) Remember the 7 P’s. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.
• The elephants in the room at TED (Robert Scoble, Scobleizer, 2-14-10). Yes, it's expensive. The money supports free TED for many (online etc.).
• Why is attending a TED conference so expensive? (Quora)
• How much does it cost to attend a TED talk? (Quora) "The next TED Talk will be on April 24-28, 2017 in Vancouver, Canada. And the price of attendence is $17000.
• Watch TED live, in your living room.
• How TED Connects the Idea-Hungry Elite (Anya Kamenetz, FastCompany, 9-1-10)
It's not always pretty:
• Why I'm Fed Up with TED (Sarah Lacy, BloombergBusiness, 3-1-08) Maybe it's sour grapes because I wasn't invited, but I'm irked by the conference's smugness and the nearly unqualified show of support from Silicon Valley.
• The Haves and Have-Nots: The True Story of a Reader Suddenly De-Invited from TED (Anonymous letter from a disenchanted participant, posted by Sarah Lacy, TechCrunch, 2-27-11). The ugly behind-the-scenes truth: Money talks.
WATCH FREE AT HOME OR WHILE WAITING IN LINE AT THE SUPERMARKET:
• TED: Ideas worth spreading. Archive of all recorded TED talks. Watch free at home or on the bus! Check out the full online library of TED talks.